Weekly Juju Charm Updates for the Week of 24 April
Agenda Items: - Questions - Charm Testing - Charm Docs - Framework Charms - Workflow
Questions from the Community
- Rick and Aaron - How do relations between charms work so we can show it on the website/GUI?
- We want to show which charms relate to what so users can discover which charms go “good” with other charms.
- If you are on the apache page you’d show Wordpress, not nginx, etc.
- Do we want to show most downloaded, most reviewed?
- We need a definition of what a “related charm” is.
- Mims - 2 sides need to implement the same interface,
- Sort by quality or downloads? Provides vs. Requires?
We’ll walk the interfaces graph, show all charms, sort by reviewed/download/ratings as related.
- Nelson Roberts joined the hangout and asked about Juju/Rackspace; openstack provider works, waiting on their cloud to be more vanilla, we should Just Work on there soon.
Meta Data Categories and Icons in Charms.
- Charm Proof gives a warning
- Policy does include meta-data for categories, we need to also update for icons
- reliable testing for graph and embedded! Go Marco!
- embedded test will run, if one is not available then a basic smoke test (charm goes to running) is ran.
- To go live with the GUI/jujucharms.com soonish, all integrated so it’s more in our face than off in jenkins somewhere.
- Docs branch:- https://code.launchpad.net/~evilnick/juju/go-juju-docs
- Will go live soonish, not for 13.04.
Kapil’s new API tool:
- Not many updates, team is concentrating on 13.04 readiness/switchover/relaunching stuff.
Get ready for UDS: