What Is Going on With Juju? June 12 Edition
- Similar to last week, no real big changes, Marco will hit these after he’s done with testing.
- We need to update the review queue charm schools, the website queue fixed the “time to first response”, but the CLI tool is behind. Mims to bust it out.
- adam_g landing some fixes to charm helpers.
- openstack utility fixes
- improve test coverage
- jamespage added some intelligent restarting bits and some reorg too, thanks -server team!
- Wedgewood stops by to provide an update
- Most items in contrib have been moved to the library, it’s shaping up!
- Nick Moffit is working on the CLI to helpers, making it available to all languages
- If you find yourself doing things over and over again, talk to them and file feature bugs!
- plugins good to go - more changes to land due to feedback from the GUI team.
- GUI team dogfooding this harness and plugin, thanks guys!
- End of month target for all of this to land. June 28th!
- Mims to blog about the framework/harness, part 1 almost done.
- now live at https://launchpad.net/juju-core/docs
- Yes, we’re moving docs back into core so we can version along with core. I know right.
- Anyone can contribute branches, even Jorge did, and he’s not smart, you are out of excuses!
- Jade templates are kind of tempermental formatting wise, Nick investigating dropping them and doing pure HTML to lower the barrier to entry.
- investigate how we proceede with Jade post the navigation settling being defined.
- Nick thinks we can go live now
- What do we need to go live?
- videos ongoing, assigned out upgradees and destroying services
- link mapping (marco)
- versioning (nick)
- where to host old and new docs (arosales to follow up RT with IS).
- decide how to handle getting started docs on juju.ubuntu.com (jorge)
- Next action: evilnick to bring old user author docs by June 17
- Looking to have docs complete by June 28.
Charm Framework updates
- Rails/Rack unblocked via Antonio, we should have work landing soon!
- no updates on node.js from jeff/mims, but Joynet is interested in checking them out and contributing.
- Part 2 of the charm school this Friday will be node again.
- Mims would like to see preinstallation of packages, is now considering this a blocker for platforms charms.
- Framework communities will want these.
- Jorge/Antonio to bring this up with core team. Here’s the bug.
- need a tag in juju-core bugs to show user-feedback/contribution growth
- New charm! Liferay! Needs a second round of review.
- OSCON - People need to rate/categorize charms, ~charmers!!
- need charms to have ratings, icons, and categories
- Strata still pending.
- Mims still in progress for his epic data plumbing talk at Stanford.
Blockers on Trello
- Backports of goju to 12.04
Goals for upcoming week
- Mims: 0mq and storm
- mims preping for Stanford talk
- evilnick working on moving charm author docs content over
- arosales finding a hosting place
- arosales move docs to new branch
- marco working on next iteration of testing harness
- jorge,arosales to follow on on pre-install hooks with juju-core
- Everyone: Work on docs!!
- Everyone: When you touch a charm, rate it, categorize it, see if you can give it an icon.
- Do your docs videos!