Juju Ecosystem Report for 17 July
- Local Provier landed in juju-core trunk \o/
- All hail Thumper, devops bunny.
- OSX client available, instructions here
- Icon instructions
- Changes in -tools will land next week.
- More fixes/features to -helpers from Matt, James, Adam, and Liam. Thanks guys!
- Programmable API (shell interface) work for -helpers will begin next week.
- lp:amulet released last week, release today with deployer integration, “1.0” by the end of the week.
- Documentation and blog post/video and examples on how to use amulet to help you write functional tests for your charms.
- Rewrite of the author docs in progress, will go live at the latest by Monday. (Main priority)
- Added instructions for OSX client (check out the slick CSS thing)
- Marco added revisions to the pages so we can tell when the docs are built.
- Discussion on how to syndicate content to developer.ubuntu.com
- Syncing with Cheney on adding local provider docs.
## Charm updates
- Rack Charm (Pavel from Altoros)
- Started last week.
- Working on “Heroku-like” deployment workflow.
- Postgres relation works, adding MySQL and MongoDB next.
- To add: Logstash and Nagios.
- Running source code updates should work now.
- OpenAS is now in the store, thanks to John Patterson
- Testing integration lands August 1st, spinning this up.
- OSCON next.
- Need to submit Juju talks
Charm Championship!!! \o/
- Submit your Juju deployment and enter to wik 10k!
Use this for recording your videos:
recordmydesktop --freq=22050 --buffer-size 96000 --width 1024 --height 768 --fps 24 -x 6 -y 96 --delay 3 -o "juju-screencast-scale.ogv"
Change the -x and -y to match position of your vm display
- [jorge] Get queue for charm proof errors for Audits: Done
- We have this, we just need sinzui’s team to drop oneiric and then add the rest to the queue: http://jujucharms.com/tools/proof-errors
- [m_3] sync with jorge and marco on test driven charming for OSCON: INPROGRESS
- marco to finalize OSCON details with m_3
- [arosales] scaling video: INPROGRESS
- [marco] upgrades video: INPROGRESS
- [arosales] to walk through docs: DONE
- [arosales] Add file server category: DONE
- [all] Charm Championship get folks involved ! github.com/juju: INPROGRESS
- [pavel] 1st iteration of Rails charm: INPROGRESS
- [pavel] email list on continuous deployment story using Rails charm: INPROGRESS
- [jorge] OSCON and Juju talk delivery:
- [evilnick] Charm Author docs structure
- [marco] Changes to charm-tools update
- [marco] amulet completed deployer integration