Juju Charm Ecosystem Status for 21 August
- Charm Contest about 50% through, (ends Oct 1.)
- Juju in OSX client officially in Homebrew (Thanks Rodrigo)
- also be able to get development versions landing soon in the brew receipe
- Also an opportunity to leverage Juju in the Netflix Cloud Prize
- New charm school schedule posted, charm school this Friday – getting started with the local provider
- charm create gives you a working charm, previous failed charm lint
- gives example of every hooks available,
- config.yaml example – types of config options
- one other update
- Also working on full Python port
- Merge proposal for a programable API to use helpers with other languages.
- from wedgwood
- Just about ready for 1.0
- ReadMe has doc updates
- Need a review of the current status of charms after Jenkins being down.
- Restructuring in progress.
- Incoming contributions.
- Merge landing later on today
- Improved instructions on how to add pages, and set up local docs.
- image id types to come back to the docs once it is added back to juju-core (1.13 >)
- Suggestion for charm author docs to be added to developer.ubuntu.com in addition to juju.ubuntu.com
- New core features that need docs:
- Local provider
- Debug Hooks
- deploy –to
- Need to evaluate old docs “drafts” and see what needs to come forward.
- Marco explained what cpu-power constraint does, not documented, Jorge to talk to core about documenting providers.
- jamespage says we should do /docs and “/next/docs”, overall agreement that this is a good idea
Bundles and Deployer
- OhioLinuxFest Juju talk!
- vUDS - Aug 27-29
Charm Championship!!! \o/
- [marco] upgrades video (I missed another week): INPROGRESS
- [pavel] email list on continuous deployment story using Rails charm: INPROGRESS
- [arosales, m_3] To get feedback to pavel: INPROGRESS
- [evilnick] Charm Author docs structure: INPROGRESS
- [marco] amulet sentry integration: DONE
- [nick] Add local provider getting started docs: TODO
- [pavel] Work on amulet integration testing: TODO
- [pavel] Start investigating how to do backup in Rails: DEFERRED
- [jorge] Confirm HP install instructions: DONE, updated AU, filed bug for docs.
- [evilnick] Confirm header situration. Specifically, duplicaton of the navigatoin in each page: DONE
- [marco] Mail list on Amulet instructions, and general information: TODO
- [jorge] To identify draft pages in docs: INPROGRESS
- [m_3] Final review for the Rack charm to go into the Store: INPROGRESS
- [m_3] Confirm ruby conf submission: INPROGRESS
- [jorge] Update Charm School list on juju.ubuntu.com: DONE
- [marco] Charm Tools port to full python: INPROGRESS
- [jorge] Openstack bundle deployment thing from jamespage.