Juju Charm Ecosystem Status for 11 Sept
Another week, another Juju Charm Meeting!
- Juju manual provisioning first cut!
- juju.ubuntu.com facelift, looking good!
- New docs formatting
- manage.jujucharms.com facelift.
- Tons happening right now
- Still going through submissions from the sprint.
- Docs have been redesigned to match juju.ubuntu.com
- Creating a new page added to contributing to the docs section: https://juju.ubuntu.com/docs/contributing.html
- Creating a new page in the docs now easy! No more excuses!
- Author pages getting reviews.
- New section: Tools
- This will cover charm-tools and other convenience tools around Juju.
- MAAS instructions need a redo next to catch up to latest versions.
- Port to Python completed, 1.0 release pending
- Features and fixes for 1.1 started
- Had charm school last friday, here’s the video
- No new changes since 2013-08-28
- Several feature branches being worked on, better OpenStack and APT support
- No CLI updates
- Version 1.0 nearing release, will be released shortly after charm-tools update
- Whirlwind of documentation, examples, and blog posts planned
- “Blocking” charm quality review
- Queue needs some work
- ntpserver charm needed
- MapR charm ready for a 2nd pass
- New charm for vpnendpoint
- Bip ready for 2nd pass
- Richard’s already tossed in a patch to add a config option remotely administer the charm remotely.
- OhioLinuxFest Juju talk! 14 September
- Marco @ Gluster FS Community Days, part of Linux Conf in New Orleans (Sept 19)
- Update events page
## Charm Championship!!! \o/
- 6 categories: Media, telco, continuous deployment, high availability, monitoring, and Data Science!
- $60k more in prizes for new categories
- Deadline extended to October 22 to accomodate new categoires
- Charm Championship
- Planet Cassandra Post
- Planet MySQL post
- [marco] upgrades video (I missed another a million trillion weeks): INPROGRESS?
- [pavel] email list on continuous deployment story using Rails charm: INPROGRESS
- [arosales, m_3] To get feedback to pavel: DONE
- [evilnick] Charm Author docs structure: INPROGRESS
- [nick] Add local provider getting started docs: DONE
- [pavel] Work on amulet integration testing: TODO
- [marco] Mail list on Amulet instructions, and general information: TODO
- [jorge] To identify draft pages in docs: INPROGRESS
- [m_3] Confirm ruby conf submission: DONE
- [jorge] Openstack bundle deployment thing from jamespage: INPROGRESS
- Ping adam_g.
- [arosales] Update Gluster and Ohio events on juju.u.c/events: TODO
- [utlemming] Schedule in rails doc testing: TODO
- [m_3] mapR charm review: TODO